About Chaturmukh Ras
BRAND - Baidyanath
QUANTITY - 10 Tablets
FORM - Tablets
Chaturmukh Ras is herbominearal Ayurvedic medicine that is used for treating all types of vaat yoga and various nervous diseases. It is a cardiac tonic and gives strength to the heart. It is also used to cure weakness, cough and fever post-delivery.
This is Rasa aushadi. The main ingredient of Rasa aushadi is Shuddha Parada along with the other components. Parad or Mercury is used only after proper purification which is done by Shodhana, Mardana (grinding), Swedana(vapourising), Prakshalana (performing frequent ablutions), Galana (straining fluids) etc. The processing detoxifies mercury and brings about the physical and chemical changes in the drug, thus enhance their therapeutic efficiency.
Ingredients of Chaturmukh Ras
- Shuddha Parada – Herbal purified Mercury
- Shuddha Gandhaka – Herbal purified Sulphur
- Loha Bhasma – Bhasma prepared from Iron
- Abhraka Bhasma – Purified and processed Mica
- Kumari – Aloe vera – juice extract – quantity sufficient.
- Eranda – Castor – Ricinus communis – leaves
Uses of Chaturmukh Ras
Chaturmukh Ras is an effective medicine for Vata disorders. It shows good results in Epilepsy, insomnia, Mental disorders, Nervous debility and other nervous system diseases. It gives strength to the heart. It is nutritive and tonic.
Chaturmukh Ras is also given for treating Chronic bronchitis, Anaemia, Digestive weakness, Piles, Hyperacidity, Diarrhoea, physical weakness, Asthma and Pulmonary tuberculosis. This medicine gives good results in curing symptoms of Prameha/ diabetes.
Dosage of Chaturmukh Ras
125 mg once or twice a day, before or after food or as directed by an Ayurvedic doctor. It is traditionally administered along with honey and Triphala powder.
Side effects of Chaturmukh Ras
- Self-medication with this medicine may prove to be dangerous since it contains Aconitum as an ingredient.
- Take this medicine in precise doses and for a limited period of time, as advised by the doctor.
- Over-dosage may cause severe poisonous effects.
- It is best avoided in pregnancy, lactation and in children.
- Keep out of reach and sight of children. Store in a dry cool place.
Terms and Conditions
We have assumed that you have consulted a physician before purchasing this medicine and are not self-medicating.