About Shwet Parpati
BRAND - Baidyanath
QUANTITY - 10 Gm
FORM - Powder
Shwet Parpati or Kshara parpati is Ayurvedic preparation made by dehydrated homogenous blending of ammonium chloride, potash alum and potassium nitrate. This medicine is useful in treating dysuria, oliguria, colic, urinary tract infections, urinary calculi and hyperacidity. Shwet Parpati is white in color and is not prepared from the black sulfide of mercury. This preparation is called Parpati as it is made in the form of thin flakes. This form of medicine is more beneficial compared to metallic Bhasma.
Shwet Parpati increases blood flow in kidneys and urine output. It has diuretic, alterative, analgesic, anti-inflammatory, and urinary supportive action.
Ingredients of Shwet Parpati
- Kalami Shora (Potassium nitrate)
- Phitkari( Potash Alum)
- Navsadar ( Ammonium chloride)
Uses of Shwet Parpati
- Painful urination, Dysuria
- Scanty urination
- Urine retention
- Renal lithiasis (presence of kidney stones or calculi)
- Urinary tract infection (UTI)
Dosage of Shwet Parpati
- 125 – 500 mg, once or twice a day before or after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
- It is given along with various co-drinks as explained above.