Ketomac Dandruff Treatment Ketoconazole Shampoo contains Ketoconazole, a broad-spectrum synthetic antifungal agent in a concentration of 2% in an aqueous suspension. Ketoconazole works by killing fungi on skin called Malassezia. These fungi occur naturally on the skin, however, people suffering from dandruff seem to have more of Malassezia. It works by interfering with the synthesis of ergosterol, a vital component of fungal cell membranes, thereby weakening it. The weakened cell membrane allows the contents of the fungal cell to leak out resulting in its death.
- Ketomac Dandruff Treatment Shampoo is used for the prevention and management of dandruff
- Helps regenerate dry, dull and lifeless hair
- It helps improve irritation due to flaking, scaling, itching, dandruff
- Helps to relieve inflammation due to dandruff
- Aids in giving relief to a dry scalp